We are delighted you are interested in joining the team here at Abbeyfield Bristol & Keynsham Society. All staff have to be DBS checked and provide relevant references. Please see below for current staff vacancies.
Alternate Weekend Day Support
Kift Lodge, Hanham
We’re now recruiting for a Day Support worker to join our small, friendly team in our lovely established supported house for older people (maximum capacity: 20) in Memorial Road, Hanham. Interested? Contact us now to find out more about this great opportunity!
Preparation of staff rotas to ensure an adequate complement of staff at all times. The arranging of appropriate relief cover for weekly time off, holiday and sickness absence
1 To keep a caring and supportive eye on residents, liaising as appropriate with:
- Domiciliary care services
- Primary health care professionals
- Registered Residential Care or Nursing Homes
- The voluntary House Committee
- New residents
2 He/she will have responsibility when on duty for:
- Health, safety and food hygiene matters
- Fire prevention/precaution
- Maintaining all necessary paperwork (eg Accident book/residents’ Day Book)
- Liaising with the General Manager and Catering staff.
- Liaising with the Society’s Chief Executive and the Abbeyfield office as appropriate.
3 Dealing with any resident emergencies whilst on duty, ensuring appropriate liaison with other members of staff, the House Committee and the Abbeyfield office
4 To assist in serving of lunch, eating with the residents.
5 Such other duties as the General Manager, House Committee or the Society’s Chief Executive shall decide.
6 To maintain confidentiality and act in the best interests of Abbeyfield at all times.
To protect your health and safety and the health and safety of our other employees and the people we support your employment / continued employment will be conditional on:
- you being vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible
- you consenting to any supplementary vaccination and boosters related to COVID-19 as may be required and as advised by the Government of any such public health authority as soon as this is possible to ensure that any COVID-19 vaccinations remain effective.
Your failure to fulfil these requirements without good reason may lead to disciplinary action, depending on circumstances.
Staff should follow government and Abbeyfield COVID-19 guidelines at all times (given the nature of their work and the vulnerability of residents), especially in respect of mixing with other households, in order to protect residents and their colleagues. Failure to do so may be subject to a disciplinary procedure.
Abbeyfield Bristol and Keynsham Society houses are deemed to be high risk, given that we provide ‘a closed community with substantial facilities shared between multiple people’ and the fact that those in our care are very vulnerable and elderly people, many with complex support needs.
Therefore, all staff will be required to be tested for COVID-19 on a regular basis, as detailed in the Government’s ‘Testing service for extra care and supported living settings’. This is in order to protect not only staff members and their families, but also their work colleagues, and the very vulnerable residents for whom they provide support.
This directive will be kept under review, in line with Government guidelines.
The successful candidate will be good at dealing with people. Previous experience with elderly people will be an advantage but is not essential.
Terms of Employment
The rate of pay is £11.63 per hour, paid calendar monthly in arrears.
28 days per annum to include bank holidays; pro rata for those working part-time.
Hours of Work
9.00 am-5.00 pm (Alternate Saturdays and Sundays)
The Day Manager is required to remain on the premises during these periods.
Kift Lodge is a supported living house for 20 residents.
Contact us to find out more:
- email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us: 0117 973 6997
- write to us: Abbeyfield Bristol and Keynsham Society, 29 Alma Vale Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2HL
To find out more about us and what we do, please go to www.abbeyfield-bristol.co.uk