We are delighted you are interested in joining the team here at Abbeyfield Bristol & Keynsham Society. All staff have to be DBS checked and provide relevant references. Please see below for current staff vacancies.
Casual Relief Cooks
All Abbeyfield houses
Your principal duties will be as follows:
Quality of Work
- To prepare menus in liaison with the House Manager ensuring strict budgetary control.
- To ensure all necessary food and cleaning materials are ordered each week in consultation with the House Manager.
- To prepare and cook a main meal at lunchtime and prepare food for tea/supper for completion and serving by the overnight staff.
- To check food for taste, appearance and quality, before serving.
- To make sure food is attractively garnished.
- To ensure good stock control, that deliveries are the correct temperature, quantity and quality and are stored quickly and appropriately
- To complete all paperwork (eg to record the amount of food produced and wasted, temperature charts, stock sheets and cleaning rotas) accurately and promptly.
- To ensure the kitchen and service areas are clean, tidy and attractive.
- To keep storage areas clean and tidy and ensure stock rotation.
- To report equipment defects to the House Manager immediately.
- To undertake any other catering duties at the request of the House Manager, her Deputy or the Chief Executive.
- To act in the best interests of Abbeyfield at all times.
(in consultation with the House Manager)
- To greet residents and be polite and friendly at all times.
- Deal with individual resident requests.
- Listen to resident remarks politely and implement appropriate suggestions.
- To make sure you know all about the food you are preparing and cooking.
- To help residents choose what they would like to eat.
- To ensure compliance with reasonable resident diets.
- To be prepared to help by doing other things in the house when necessary
- To see where you need to change your own activities to meet different circumstances
- To look out for and tell the Manager when you see ways to improve work activities or reduce costs
- To cover in other Abbeyfield Bristol houses when required
- To undertake ad hoc tasks as required by the Manager or the Chief Executive
- To be friendly, pleasant and polite to your work colleagues
- To be prepared to help out the rest of the team in a willing and positive manner
- To tell your colleagues what is going on in the unit and be prepared to go to training sessions
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- To make sure you meet the legal and company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
- To look out for issues with safety or hygiene and report them to the House Manager
Hours of Work
To cover staff sickness and holidays, as arranged with the House Manager
Rate of Pay
£10.79 per hour, paid monthly in arrears.
You will be entitled to travelling expenses (bus fares or 40p per mile if travelling by car)
Holiday pay will be based on 1/13th of hours actually worked.
The successful candidate will have had professional training or experience, and will hold a Food Hygiene qualification.
Interest in and experience with elderly people will be an advantage but is not essential.
To find out more about our staff vacancies, contact us today on 0117 973 6997 or firstname.lastname@example.org