We’re committed to protecting the privacy of the users of our website. This statement sets out our policy regarding the collection and use of personally identifiable information, such as name, email address, postal address, and other personal details via our website. Please read this policy to understand how your personal information is collected and used. We will process any personal data you provide in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This statement sets out our current policy, but this may be subject to change in the future, so please recheck on occasion if you are concerned. Information collected. General visitor information, such as IP (Internet Protocol) address, and statistics such as which pages are accessed and when (which is not linked to personally identifiable information). Currently this information is provided to us via our ISP (Internet Service Provider). Personal information such as name, email and/or postal address. Such information is collected only when you contact us using any of the email links to staff members provided on the site, or the information request form. The nature of information requests, and any survey information volunteered may also be collected via this (or other forms) in the future.
The information collected is used for following purposes only.
- To help us understand how our site is being used to inform site content and help reach our target audience.
- To send information requested by individuals, by email, post or telephone.
- Information may also be used for market research purposes, such as checking the effectiveness of our communications.
Disclosure of information to third parties
The Abbeyfield Bristol & Keynsham Society won’t disclose any of your personally identifiable information to any party outside the Abbeyfield Bristol & Keynsham Society and Abbeyfield UK, except in one of the following circumstances:
- When we have your permission to do so.
- When it is required by law.
We can’t guarantee that data transmitted over the internet is completely secure. Abbeyfield Bristol & Keynsham Society and Abbeyfield UK are committed to protecting the privacy of your information, but we can’t guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, therefore you do so at your own risk. Data Protection Act 1998 The Abbeyfield Society is registered with the Information Commissioner under the Act, registration number Z4951037.
- Functional cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. For example, these cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking on simple links.
- Session cookies – We use these to keep track of your movement from page to page, so you don’t get asked for the same information that you have already given to our site and are automatically deleted from your computer when you leave our website or shortly afterwards.
- Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not personally identify any individual user. These are usually third party cookies, which we use to deliver a better user experience.